An in depth look at the causes of depression and anxiety as well as natural therapies for each.
I am excited to announce the official launch of my online seminar titled Natural Therapies for Depression & Anxiety. This course, which is over 4 hours long, is packed with cutting edge information. Here is a link that takes you to the WEB site where this course is hosted. If you take the course, please post a review because it helps generate more attention for my course. The link below will provide readers of my Nutrition News newsletter a 50% discount ($49) for this course.
It is now estimated that 11% of Americans are taking antidepressants (over 30 million) and millions more are taking benzodiazepines for anxiety. These drugs have serious side effects, are very addictive, and in most cases are inappropriate therapy. I am passionate about wanting to inform people about safe natural therapies for depression and anxiety.
Here is one of the controversies in psychiatry that I discuss in this course. In 2008, an investigative report was published in the New England Journal of Medicine which shockingly revealed that the FDA & pharmaceutical companies LIE to physicians and the general public by overstating the benefits and minimizing or ignoring side effects of antidepressant drugs.
Between 1987 and 2004, there were 74 clinical trials on antidepressant drugs registered with the FDA. It turns out that 49% of these trials had negative outcomes and a large percentage of these negative trials were not published (hidden) so that physicians and the general public would not become aware of them. Even more disturbing was the revelation that some antidepressant drug trials that had negative results were published in a way that "spun" their outcomes to appear positive.
This course is divided into 39 video segments which run on average between 5 to 7 minutes long. Here are some of the major topics that I present in this course:
- A review of a wide range of natural therapies for depression & anxiety
- Antidepressant & anti-anxiety drugs: how they work & their side effects
- Controversies in psychiatry: thought & opinion leaders speak out
- Diet & lifestyle factors that influence mind, mood, emotions & behavior
- Nutrients required for neurotransmitter production
- Gut-brain communication; A revolution in psychiatry
- How gut bacteria are linked to obesity, depression and anxiety
- The Bundle Damage Theory of depression & how to heal damaged brain neurons
If you decide to take this course, I sincerely hope some of the information is helpful to you. Wishing you greater health and happiness, Ross